The following books have helped me and other entrepreneurs tremendously, and they can do the same for you.
Many of these books are years — even decades — old, but they contain evergreen principles.
Read these books and apply what resonates, and your business will thank you for it.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz
- As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
- The Ultimate Sales Machine: Turbocharge Your Business with Relentless Focus on 12 Key Strategies by Chet Holmes
- Ready, Fire, Aim: Zero to $100 Million in No Time Flat by Michael Masterson.
- Work the System: The Simple Mechanics of Making More and Working Less by Sam Carpenter
- Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose by Tony Hsieh
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… and Others Don’t by James C. Collins
- Blue Ocean Strategy by Renée Mauborgne and W. Chan Kim
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable by Seth Godin
- Failing Forward: Turning Mistakes into Stepping Stones for Success by John C. Maxwell
- Thick Face, Black Heart: The Warrior Philosophy for Conquering the Challenges of Business and Life by Chin-Ning Chu
- The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement by Eliyahu M. Goldratt
- Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
- How to Get Rich: One of the World’s Greatest Entrepreneurs Shares His Secrets by Felix Dennis
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- All of Dan Kennedy’s No B.S. series of books
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini
- Tested Advertising Methods by John Caples
- How to Write a Good Advertisement: A Short Course in Copywriting by Victor O. Schwab
- The Ultimate Marketing Plan: Target Your Audience! Get Out Your Message! Build Your Brand! by Dan Kennedy
- The Ultimate Sales Letter: Attract New Customers. Boost Your Sales. by Dan Kennedy
- No B.S. Direct Marketing: The Ultimate No Holds Barred Kick Butt Take No Prisoners Direct Marketing for Non-Direct Marketing Businesses by Dan Kennedy
- Getting Everything You Can Out of All You’ve Got: 21 Ways You Can Out-Think, Out-Perform, and Out-Earn the Competition by Jay Abraham
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing by Al Ries and Jack Trout